3 0 D A Y S O F H A R R Y P O T T E R ◊ day 6: what house would you want to be in?
i feel like harry in the sense that i would either be sorted in gryffindor or slytherin. although i don’t possess certain attributes of each house, i feel as if i could fit in either. although i’m not “daring” or “power thirsty” - i am ambitious, morally courageous (if there is such at thing) and resourceful. the quizzes tend to sort me in both.
3 0 D A Y S O F H A R R Y P O T T E R ◊ day 5: favorite male character and why
HARRY JAMES POTTER. do i need to explain myself? close seconds are: ronil, dumbles, and snape.
3 0 D A Y S O F H A R R Y P O T T E R ◊ day 4: least favorite female character and why
i would have to go with pansy parkinson, jo said it herself that pansy was the anti-hermione. i didn’t go with umbridge because she is a pretty awesome character - i mean i hate her guts to much that means jo wrote her pretty well.
3 0 D A Y S O F H A R R Y P O T T E R ◊ day three:
is there any of the film adaptations that have made you angry because they’ve ignored important parts of the book?
now, before we begin - let me say this is just my opinion! i know the movies can’t be identical to the books and changes are bound to occur. however, the movie that frustrated me the most was the half blood prince. there were snippets and scenes in the movie that were PERFECTION and i couldn’t have asked for anything better, but the movie as a whole missed a huge part of the book and it just wasn’t cohesive. there is a reason why jk rowling wrote it. and there is a reason why you shouldn’t cut it out. (note: i haven’t read/seen the movies in a while, i am writing from memory)
- the HBP is one of my favorite books, so imagine my disppointment when i found out the movie wasn’t focused on…the half blood prince. at the very and snape is just like BITCH IT IS ME. kthnxbi. i know they didn’t include the death eater battle because they were having a fight in the next movie, but snape’s exit was seriously the most pitiful thing ever.
- dumbledore’s death. part of this could be attributed to the fact i have never liked micheal gambon as dumbledore and only richard harris can play the part….but i wasn’t sad at all during the death, which is weird because i cry for everything. the thing that bugged me the most was harry. in the book, dumbledore stuns harry because he know he’s going to do something irrational and crazy. but in the movie harry is just herp hi i’m on the bottom and i’m not doing anything. for me, that is an entirey UN-harry like thing to do. no way would harry james potter do NOTHING while death eaters are pointing their wands at albus dumbledore.
- irrelevant burning of the burrow. i mean i know their intention of the scene, but wouldn’t bella have used fiend fyre?
- THE KISS. oh god. i love bonnie. and i would say daniel radcliffe is one of my favorite celebrities in existence, but the two of them have the chemistry of a dead cat. ug, in the book when ginny runs in and harry just goes RAWR and kisses her and it’s awkward but passionate and then they’re a cute couple. one of my favorite parts of the book. but the movie. oh my god. i don’t even think this needs an explanation actually.
- lack of a funeral. i really really think they should have included the funeral…rumor had it that it was going to be in DH, BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT. god dammit the funeral was such an amazing and would have been such an emotionally beautiful scene. it’s like them cutting out the petunia scene in dh. ug. maybe if i watch the deleted scenes i’ll feel better.
3 0 D A Y S O F H A R R Y P O T T E R ◊ day two: favorite movie
after much debate, i think i would call the sorcerer’s stone my favorite movie. i have no criticism for it, it is simply perfection. (not my favorite book, but in terms of perfect adaptation of a book - it would be this one. although, dh2 is going to be kickass). the first movie didn’t deviate from the original plot and left very little out.
the way the first movie takes the innocence and the wonder from the printed words and brings it to life of the big screen is absolutely amazing. it’s one thing to read about it, it’s another to actually see it all in real life. the casting was perfect and it set off the movie franchise on a fantastic note. without the success and perfection of the first movie, i don’t know if the rest of the movies would have been as good as they are right now. i didn’t want to go to hogwarts because of the books, i wanted to go hogwarts after i saw it in the movie. many things (such as the uniforms) are creations for the movie because it was more aesthetically pleasing. the sheer beauty and magic of hogwarts is just enchanting.
also, the way the movie hinted to darker undertones was subtle enough that it wouldn’t detract from the “fairy tale” wonder. but it was obvious enough so that the viewers would know that our three heroes had a dark road ahead of them.
so all in all, the first movie is perfection.
3 0 D A Y S O F H A R R Y P O T T E R ◊ day one: favorite book
THIS IS LIKE ASKING A MOTHER TO CHOOSE THEIR FAVORITE CHILD. but after much debate, i would narrow my favorites down to prisoner of azkaban, goblet of fire, half blood prince, and deathly hallows.
The 30-day Harry Potter challenge
Day 1 - Your favorite book
Day 2 - Your favorite movie
Day 3 - Is there any of the film adaptations that have made you angry because they’ve ignored important parts of the book?
Day 4 - Least favorite female character and why
Day 5 - Favorite male character and why
Day 6 - What house would you want to be in
Day 7 - Favorite female character and why
Day 8 - What do you think would be your favorite lesson?
Day 9 - Least favorite male character
Day 10 - Horcruxes or Hallows
Day 11 - What character would you say you are most like?
Day 12 - Favorite ship
Day 13 - Least favorite movie
Day 14 - Team Voldemort or Team Harry
Day 15 - Who would be your best friends at Hogwarts (Three Only)
Day 16 - Who is your favorite Death Eater?
Day 17 - Are you excited about the Deathly Hallows movies or scared they won’t do the book justice?
Day 18 - Least favorite book
Day 19 - Do you prefer the books or the movies
Day 20 - If you got to meet one member of the cast, who would it be?
Day 21 - Out of all the characters that died, if you could bring one back, who would it be?
Day 22 - Harry Potter or Twilight
Day 23 - Any part of the books or movies that makes you cry?
Day 24 - Any particular scene you wished would have been put in the movie, but wasn’t?
Day 25 - Nineteen years later. Are you happy how it turned out, or do you wish something was different, ie Neville married Luna
Day 26 - If you would be able to work one spell without a wand what would it be?
Day 27 - Would you rather own the Invisibility Cloak, The Resurrection Stone or The Elder Wand?
Day 28 - Do you listen to Wizard Wrock, what do you think about it?
Day 29 - Did you enjoy A Very Potter Musical?
Day 30 - What affect has Harry Potter made on your life and how much does it mean to you?